The Balanced Health Clinic
The Balanced Health Clinic is a family run business in the heart of the historic city of Peel in the Isle of Man, started by John Williams in 1987 and later joined by his daughter – Isabel Machado-Williams in 2007, who took over the practice in 2017. Over the years, John has mainly been referred to as “The Back Man of Peel”, and his treatment skills, along with his friendly, warm and attentive personality has resulted in a very successful practice and wonderfully loyal clients.
John and Isabel apply Integrative Therapy approaches. Integrative therapy is not about using either or approaches to health, instead, the focus is to integrate good lifestyle choices that can improve many lives by preventing chronic conditions and give doctors and hospitals the chance to concentrate on people with bigger health issues.
Isabel MACHADO-WILLIAMS Dip ASK, ITEC
Isabel is John’s daughter and is a fully qualified Systematic Kinesiologist Practitioner (Diploma level), Nutritionist and also uses Craniosacral Therapy and has been practicing for over 15 years.
Previously, Isabel was a web and software developer from 2001-2017, working in Ireland, UK and Isle of Man. She began working part-time at the Balanced Health Clinic in 2007 alongside her father, whilst she was training. Isabel took over the running of the practice in 2017.
Isabel’s interest in Kinesiology started when she was 9 years old, when her father, John, opened up the Balanced Health Clinic. She used Kinesiology and Hypnotherapy techniques to help her through her health issues such as asthma, IBS, dysmenorrhea as well as life events such as GCSE’s, A-Levels and University and also applied the techniques to other aspects of her life when she needed them.
At 17 years old, she suffered a back injury, which started to become chronic by her 20s and affecting her life considerably. After finally agreeing to receive treatment from her father, her back issues improved significantly, leading her to become passionate about back conditions and training in Kinesiology, Craniosacral Therapy, and Ishta Spinal Touch.
Natural approaches to health changed her life, and she is passionate about helping clients change theirs through integrative therapies.
- Professional Membership at Diplomate Level, Kinesiology Association (K.A) UK
- Cranio Sacral Society
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
Qualifications & Certificates
- Systematic Kinesiology Diplomate Level, The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (T.A.S.K) UK
- Systematic Kinesiology Practitioner Level, The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (T.A.S.K) UK
- Cranio Sacral Therapy II, Upledger Institute UK
- Anatomy & Physiology Level 3 Diploma, ITEC UK
- Phlebotomy Skills Level 3 Advanced, J Marchent, UK
- Phlebotomy Skills Level 3, One Awards UK
- Cruse Bereavement Support Volunteer, IOM
- Nutritional Therapist Level V Diploma, Health Sciences Academy, UK
- Level III Diploma in Indian Head Massage, Milton Keynes College UK
- Third Degree Reiki, Shireen Massani UK
- Third Degree Seichim Reiki, Shireen Massani UK
- Dowsing for Health, David Leesley, IOM
- Celtic Shamanic Traditional Healing
- Celtic Funerary Rites, White Serpent Teachings, UK/IOM
John Williams RN Neuro Cert, DHC, Lic ASK
John Williams RN Neuro Cert, DHC, Lic ASK, has been practicing Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Systematic Kinesiology for over 35 years.
In 1971, he entered the nursing profession in the UK and, after training, specialised in Neuro Medicine and Neuro Surgery, and worked within ICU (now called the ITU or Intensive Therapy Unit).
By 1981, John was working in London as the Deputy Officer in a rehabilitation hostel for the mentally ill. In the mid-1980s, he worked with juvenile delinquents and studied child psychology in Liverpool.
He moved to the Isle of Man in 1984, working for the White Hoe Hospital as a nurse, and also co-owned a small elderly care home in Peel with his wife. In 1986, John qualified as a Hypnotherapist with London City & Guilds and, by 1989, had reached T.A.S.K. Systematic Kinesiology Teacher/Practitioner level.
Throughout the years, John has co-trained counsellors for Cruse Bereavement Care on the Isle of Man and become a practitioner of CranioSacral, Systematic Kinesiology and Ishta Spinal Touch therapies, as well as many energy therapy techniques.
- Professional Member at Diploma Level, The Association of Systematic Kinesiology (A.S.K), UK
Qualifications & Certificates
- RN Neuro Certificate, Sefton Area Health Authority, Walton Hospital Liverpool UK
- Kinesiology Diploma Level, The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (T.A.S.K) UK
- CranioSacral Therapy II, Upledger Institute UK
- Diploma Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy, Counselling Skills, Applied Psychodynamics and Psychotherapy, UK Training College of Hypnotherapy & Counselling
- Hypnotherapy and Counselling, City & Guilds of London Institute
- Ishta Spinal Touch, UK
- Bio Mechanics Technician Cert, Bio Mechanics Foundation UK